HUGE AI Announcements with Revonda KirbyNovember 10, 2023
The Democratization of AI: How AI & LLMs Are Altering EnterprisesJanuary 29, 2024
Ready or not, 2024 will be here before you know it. Here are some of the HR trends that business owners should be implementing to remain competitive and legally compliant.
- The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) recently issued a ruling that changes how much control ALL employers (not just those with unionized workforces) have over their employees both at work and outside the workplace. This means your policies on Conflict of Interest, Confidentiality, Workplace Conduct, Social Media and others will need to be updated. Failure to update handbook wording may result in claims of unfair labor practice for interference with employees’ rights under the NLRB.
- Workplace flexibility will be a necessity for hiring and retaining a qualified workforce. The “8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday on-site job” is becoming a thing of the past. Business owners need to rethink job requirements and consider new ways of getting work done. That means changing recruiting, updating job descriptions to reflect essential job skills, and providing more options for when and where employees work.
- Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives will become the standard for workplace policies. Employees from different backgrounds and with different abilities need to be given an equal opportunity to participate in the workplace. This will mean updating policies to reflect fair treatment and full participation of all people.
- Employee Health and Wellbeing will become a key focus for businesses. According to an article on LinkedIn: “It is likely that in 2024 and beyond, we will see a continued focus on initiatives that support employee mental and physical health, such as flexible work arrangements, mental health resources, and employee wellness programs.”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) will change the way some work is done. “Artificial intelligence refers to computers or computer-controlled machines that can simulate human intelligence in various ways,” according to an article published by the Society of Human Resource Management. Understanding the appropriate and ethical use of AI and setting guidelines for employees will be a necessity for the 2024 workplace.
An HR professional can help you with all of your human resource needs.
From hiring the right employees, running background checks, creating employee handbooks that include anti-harassment policies and procedures, and so much more, Next Level Solutions can work with you to provide the services that you need to run your business.
For more information about our accounting and human resource services, contact Next Level Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (225) 330-8347.