Help Wanted!April 7, 2022
Safe and SecureJune 10, 2022
Finding employees in the current job market is challenging right now for all employers. Businesses used to be able to just post a “help wanted” sign in the window or run an advertisement in the local newspaper, but now it takes some creative recruiting techniques to find your next great hire.
How can traditional recruiting techniques be updated?
- Print ads in local newspapers have been replaced by on-line job boards that link your newspaper ad to multiple search engines such as Indeed®, Glassdoor® and ZipRecruiter®, as well as popular social networks such as Twitter® and LinkedIn®.
- Instead of waiting for job seekers to respond to a job posting, reach out to passive applicants, people who are currently employed but might be interested in learning about a new opportunity. Getting the word out to qualified applicants requires some creative recruiting techniques.
What are creative recruiting techniques?
- Education/certification providers are great resources for jobs that require specialized training. It is important to build a relationship with the career services department or instructors so that they will refer their best students to you. Sponsor a class activity, offer internships, or host a visit to your workplace to make a connection with students who will soon be entering the job market.
- Posting job notices on your company website is another effective way to attract candidates that requires little time or expense. Your company website is part of your image; it should provide information about your business, work culture and benefits. Make sure that it is attractive and easy to use so that potential applicants can connect with you.
- Customized messages on social media sites, like LinkedIn®, can be sent to people with a specific skill set in a geographic area asking recipients to share your job ad with people they know who might be interested.
- “Now hiring” signs or notices, with detailed information about requirements and benefits, posted at job locations or retail stores can also generate applicants.
Hiring in today’s job market can be challenging but with just a little bit of creative recruiting you can find your next great hire.
An HR professional can help you with all of your human resources needs.
From hiring the right employees, running background checks, creating employee handbooks that include anti-harassment policies and procedures, and so much more, Next Level Solutions can work with you to provide the services that you need to run your business.
For more information about our accounting and human resource services, contact Next Level Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (225) 330-8347.